Because money shouldn’t get in the way of getting the help you need.
Here’s What To Do If You Can’t Afford Therapy
Posted on August 3, 2016, By Tina C. Christian, LPC, NCC
- Making decisions can be terrifying. Stop worrying about being wrong and try to have a curious mindset instead | Modern Mind September 4, 2022Thoughts such as ‘this is too important to mess up’ can be daunting. Try these three steps to make confident choices. The modern mind is a column where experts discuss mental health issues they are seeing in their workGet our free news app, morning email briefing or daily news podcastSometimes decisions about the future can […]Gaynor Parkin
- In A&E I see children's terror as they choke from polluted air this summer July 12, 2018The cocktail of pollution and pollen in London kills people. Politicians should spend a night on the wards to see the harmSummer nights are supposed to be quiet on the children’s unit in A&E. Kids are normally healthy during the warmer months: the risk of colds and flu is low, and their bodies are invigorated […]Guddi Singh
- My father received poor treatment for Parkinson's. Here's what I did | Neil Archibald June 28, 2018His care left me horrified – but it spurred me on in my medical career to make sure others didn’t face the same ordealAs tremors go, it wouldn’t have rated much on the Richter scale but, back in 1990, the shake in my father’s right hand had a seismic impact on him, and our family.Dad […]Neil Archibald
- Theresa May got it wrong with her cash boost for the NHS. Here's why June 27, 2018Assessing what the health service needs is essential before giving it more money to meet demandFour key things were missing from Theresa May’s announcement of extra money for the NHS.There was no admission that there is an NHS crisis that needs tackling. Or that money is needed now for both the the health service and […]Jan Filochowski
- Pathologists like me save lives daily. Yet so few people know what we do June 21, 2018Those of us who work in ‘the lab’ often feel forgotten. But our role in the NHS is crucial – and we care deeply about patientsAnyone who watched BBC2’s fly-on-the-wall documentary Hospital might have heard of “the lab”. I am one of many who work there – and as a pathologist I often feel, as […]Hayley Pincott